Regular School Attendance: It's the Law.
If your child is attending school regularly, thank you.
If your child is absent from school:
- You MUST notify the school by telephone, each day your child is absent.
- You MUST submit a written excuse with the reason for the absence within three (3) days of your child's return to school.
If you do not notify your school of the absence:
- Your child will be marked illegally absent.
After three (3) illegal absences, there may be consequences that are as severe as:
- Arrest, fines and/or incarceration.
- Referral to the Office of Children and Youth Services.
- Sanctions by the Lehigh County Assistance Office.
If you need help, please contact your child's school.