The Keystone Exams are standardized Pennsylvania State assessment exams designed to evaluate student proficiency in a variety of subject areas. For the 2014-2015 school year, Keystone Exams are offered in: Algebra I, Literature and Biology.
2014-15 testing dates and subject areas can be found on our district Assessment Calendar here.
As part of the Keystone and PSSA Exams, the Pennsylvania Department of Education has instituted the following Cell Phone policy in March, 2013. For a printable version of this policy, click for (English) (Spanish)
The use of cell phones during the administration of the PSSA and Keystone Exams is prohibited. The following prohibitions and consequences will be in effect:
• Cell phones and other communication devices will not be allowed during the test administration.
• If a student is found in possession of a cell phone or uses it during testing, a "Do Not Score" label will be applied to his/her answer booklet and the student will not receive a score.
• The phone or communication device will be confiscated until such time that you come to the school. In your presence, the cell phone or other device will be viewed to ensure that it contains no information or material about the assessment.
• Students that violate the ban on cell phones and other devices will be disciplined with severity depending on whether the test material was compromised.
• If items on an assessment are compromised, they will have to be replaced. Parents and students may be responsible for the cost of replacing the items.
Please review the above rules carefully and discuss them with your child. If you have any questions, contact the school’s Main Office.