Office of Communications
Kimberly Golden Benner, Director of Communications
Lynne Hanna, Communications Assistant
Allentown School District has a responsibility to inform the public of the actions and services provided by its schools and administration. The District is committed to providing timely and accurate information to its constituents so that they have a better working relationship with the District and a clear understanding of the role, objectives, accomplishments and needs of the organization as it grows and changes. Two-way communication is required to be successful in reaching growth objectives for the betterment and academic progress of ASD students.
We communicate to inform, to persuade, to recruit, to recognize, to promote attendance, to encourage parental involvement and to celebrate our achievements.
The Communications Office supports the Allentown School District, its schools and numerous programs through a wide variety of communications and public relations services. We strive to assist the district and our schools with their communications needs through open and timely communications to their respective communities, as well as between our schools.
- Handling of daily media relations, publicity and crisis communication
- Proactive pursuit of media coverage for our “good news” stories
- Dissemination of public information
The Communications Office oversees:
- Overall management of the district and individual school websites which involves creating new webpages/sections and updating current pages
- Management of the District's Facebook and Twitter accounts, and support of individual school Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Creating and publishing all publications
- Creating and publishing all printed collateral, including (but not limited to) brochures, flyers, guides and posters