Allentown School District seeks to ensure that all eligible children within the City are enrolled. Students are encouraged to learn and parents are invited to participate in the education process. Enrollment packets are available at any of the district schools or may be downloaded from this site.
Procedure for Enrollment
You will need to have the following information at the time of enrollment.
Proof of Birth (birth certificate, baptismal certificate; valid passport; green card; hospital birth record; adoption papers; a notarized affidavit of parent/guardian; prior school record).
- Proof of Residency (current utility bill or service agreement for gas/oil; electric; phone, cable TV; driver’s license; vehicle registration; deed or signed current property lease; or a notarized statement from parent/guardian indicating address of residence). Residency is subject to investigation and verification by the School District.
Affirmation of Prior Discipline Record – The sworn statement of the parent/guardian about the child’s previous disciplinary record. This statement is included in the enrollment packet.
Proof of Immunizations with Dates (see enclosed Immunization Requirements for Kindergarten and Original Entry to School which is included in the registration packet).
Required for Students Entering Kindergarten or First Grade, BUT NOT AS A CONDITION OF ENROLLMENT
Proof of Physical Examination within the past year or consent for a physical exam to be conducted by the school physician. For the form in English/Spanish, click here.
Other Helpful Records
A transfer card, an academic transcript or report card, and for special education students, an IEP and copies of assessments.
As per public policy 201 - Admission of Beginning Students:
- A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if she/he is five (5) years old on or before September 1 of each year.
- The Superintendent, or designee shall require that the parent/guardian of each student who registers for entrance to school shall submit proof of age, residency, and required immunizations.
- Any other pertinent information needed, including proof of residence, shall be secured by having the parent(s)/guardian(s) complete the Pupil Registration Form and provide the required supportive documentation.
- The determination of the date for registration, and the supervision of such, shall be the responsibility of the Superintendent or designee.
- Click for: Pre-K/Kindergarten Registration Packet/Paquete de Inscripción para Pre-K y Kindergarten
- A child is eligible for admission to first grade if she/he is at least six (6) years old on or before September 1 of each year.
- The Board is not required to admit any child whose age is less than the district's established admission age.