The Foundation will be the recipient of the United Way's Air Products Leonard Pool Impact Award at their Celebration of Caring event.
The Allentown School District Foundation is one of the 2016-2017 United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley Campaign award recipients. The awards recognize individuals and corporations who excelled in their contribution to the community through giving, volunteering and advocating. All winners will be honored at United Way’s Celebration of Caring on April 6 at DeSales University. Two-time, Emmy-winning executive producer and president of ASR Media Productions, Ashley Russo will host the event.
Allentown School District Foundation will receive the Air Products Leonard Pool Impact Award. Presented by Air Products, the award recognizes an organization that demonstrates commitment to community leadership, stewardship of community resources, active volunteer engagement, and improves lives.
2016-17 award recipients also includes:
- Dual Temp Company Inc. – LIVE UNITED Award
- Presented to an organization/company whose engagement in the Lehigh Valley community results in a significant contribution toward improving the quality of life for those in need.
- Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. – Campaign Chairman’s Award
- Presented to a company that has demonstrated leadership and innovation in conducting its United Way campaign and an ability to increase awareness about United Way’s mission and vision.
- Pa. Joint Board/Workers United/ S.E.I.U – Labor Achievement Award
- Presented to an individual member or team from organized labor that actively and regularly supports our community organizations by moving people to action through volunteer service, positively affecting our community.
- Janice Osborne, PPL Corp – Campaign Volunteer Award
- Presented to a campaign volunteer who demonstrates outstanding leadership, uses United Way best practices and makes every effort to help the campaign succeed.
- Northampton County Department of Human Services – Community Building Award
- Presented to an individual or organization that supports United Way in its community-building efforts, encourages cooperation, contributes talent and resources to further partnerships, and perseveres in the face of challenges.
- Dana Emswilier - Teenworks™ “Making a Difference” Award
- Presented to the TeenWorks “Project of the Year” for making a difference in our communities, as well as in the lives of the young people who perform the service.
United Way’s Celebration of Caring honors and recognizes the generous contributors who support children, families and seniors in the Lehigh Valley through education, healthy aging, food access and emergency services. Event sponsors include: Presenting Sponsor – Capital BlueCross; Bronze Sponsors – Brown-Daub Dealerships; Dual Temp Company Inc., Just Born, Inc.; and West Side Hammer Electric; Media Sponsors – Adams Outdoor Advertising, LehighValleylive.com + The Express-Times; and In-kind Sponsors – AmericaVen, KLO Events, RichMar Florist and Working Dog Press.
Admission to the Celebration of Caring event is $50 per ticket and is open to the public. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.unitedwayglv.org/UWCelebrates; email: UWCelebrates@unitedwayglv.org or call 610-807-5731.