ASD Parent University Spring Workshops
& Title I Parent Advisory Council Meeting
Saturday, January 21, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Building 21 Allentown High School
265 Lehigh Street, Allentown
Allentown School District families and community are welcomed!
(SNOW DATE: January 28)
This FREE event is for the parents and guardians of students in the Allentown School District, as well as interested community members. The Title I Parent Advisory Council Meeting is the annual meeting with parent/guardian representatives and principals from each school.
The workshops are designed to educate and inform parents and guardians on several topics that will help support them throughout their student’s academic year. In addition, there will be additional community resources available. Participants will be able to attend 4 out of 8 workshops of their choosing during the event to get a better understanding of educational, academic and health oriented information related to their child’s academic progress. At the end of each session, presenters will have time for questions and answers. Community agencies will have information tables in the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Childcare is provided for children ages 3 to 10 years old.
Parent University Sessions and Presenters
- Attendance Policy: Julie Schaible, ASD Coordinator of Child and Family Services
- Student Success: Jacqulyn Scott, ASD Director of Community and Student Services
- College Readiness: PHEAA: Michael Burke, Lehigh Carbon Community College
- English Language Learners (ELL/ESOL): Katie Gill, ASD Director of ESOL and World Language, and Lisa Greitzer, ASD ESOL Facilitator
- Health Overview: Dental Health: Donna Schoenecker, AmeriHealth Mercy
- Keystones and PSSA's: Karen Baurkot, ASD Director of Assessment
- Suicide Prevention Education for Parents/Guardians: Dr. Lourdes Sanchez
- Title 1 Annual Parent Meeting and Tutoring: Kimberly Walck, ASD Director of Grants and Development
- Understanding the IEP/GIEP: Brian Siket, ASD Acting Director of Special Education
Contact Karim Brown at email@example.com or at 484-765-4079 with any questions.