When to Return to School after an Illness Guidelines
Children should not be sent to school until they have been fever-free (without taking fever reducing medication such as Tylenol or Advil) for 24 hours.
Students should not be sent to school with these health problems:
- Fever of 100.0 F or greater without fever reducing medication.
- Repeated vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours.
- Pink Eye: red, itchy eyes with green or yellow discharge but NO allergy symptoms.
- ANY illness when the child is not able function normally in the classroom without pain/discomfort. Such illnesses may include but not limited to: severe sore throat, excessive cough, headache, earache, or stomachache.
- Injuries or surgical procedures that require narcotic medication prior to or during the school day.
If your child has a note from their doctor please give to main office secretary.