At the December 2016 School Board Meeting, the School Board Directors unanimously voted Thomas Parker as the new Superintendent of the Allentown School District starting July 1, 2017. For more information about Parker, click here.
ASD launched a nationwide search in August, 2016, for a new Superintendent of Schools who will begin their term on or before July 1, 2017.
The School Board of Directors has established a Search Committee being led by Dr. Louise Donohue and Dr. George White (Lehigh University). The Superintendent Search Committee will be instrumental in the first round of applicant discussions and narrowing the selection of candidates . The Search Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Donald Bernhard, Executive Director of Downtown Allentown Community Development Initiative
- Sharon Billington, Parent of Allentown School District students
- Susan Bocian, Principal, Louis E. Dieruff High School
- Jude-Laure Denis, Executive Director, P.O.W.E.R. Northeast
- Ce-Ce Gerlach, Vice-President, Allentown School District School Board of Directors
- David D. Gonzales, Alternative Education Teacher, Allentown School District
- Kristin Kruger, Assistant Superintendent, Allentown School District
- Mark Leibold, Special Education Teacher, Allentown School District
- J. Robert Lovett, Retired Executive Vice President, Air Products
- Tiffany Polek, Principal, Mosser Elementary School
- Audrey Mathison, Board Member, Allentown School District School Board of Directors
- Tracey Miller, Parent of Allentown School District students
- Minister Knoxley Samms, Union Baptist Church of Allentown
- Dr. Yamil Sanchez Rivera, Executive Director, Promise Neighborhoods of the Lehigh Valley
- Robert E. Smith, Jr., Board Member, Allentown School District School Board of Directors
- Debra Tretter, President, Allentown Education Association
- David F. Zimmerman, President, Allentown School District School Board of Directors
Upon selection of the final 2-4 candidates, community forums will be held to include all stakeholders in the final selection.
Applicant submissions are closed.
The Search Committee invites the community to become actively involved in this process. It is imperative to the Board and the District that all stakeholders have an opportunity to have a voice in the Superintendent Search process. Throughout this process there are a number of avenues for all stakeholders to participate.
- The community was invited to participate in a Superintendent Community Survey which was available in English and Spanish from August 12 - October 3. Results from this survey will provide input on the criteria to be used for the screening of the candidate pool as individuals are identified for the interview process.
- Community Forums
- The final selection of candidates will meet and participate in numerous open forums. Sessions will be scheduled for parents/guardians, students, teachers, staff, administrators, Teacher's Association leadership, community and business partners, and all members of the community.
- A schedule of Community Forums will be available when candidates are finalized.
For further information on the position or to nominate a candidate please contact our Transition Consultants:
Dr. Louise Donohue: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. George White: email@example.com